Africa is a place we have major dreams for visiting. Heather did a three-month internship in Zanzibar, Tanzania, and we were lucky enough to have Jay visit during that time! We've since been back to Africa visiting Morocco, and have dreams of visiting the continent again! Here on this Africa travel page, you'll find our advice on traveling to Africa, and our personal stories to find inspiration in.
- When planning where to go after the Sahara Desert we went back and forth between visiting Fez, stopping in Meknes before Fez, or just going straight to Chefchaouen (the iconic blue city). With the unexpected colder temperatures, we decided to skip Fez and go straight to Chefchaouen. However, we had a three-hour “bus layover” to Read more about Visiting Fez, Morocco | A 3 Hour Pit Stop to Stretch Our Legs[…]Read More »
- When we booked our trip to Morocco, we had two places we really wanted to see – The Sahara Desert and the Blue City. Since we were flying into Marrakech, we figured we’d stick around and see Marrakech before taking off, but had no other plans in store for our time in Morocco. However, upon Read more about If You’re in Morocco You Have to Visit The Todra Gorge | Escaping Tourism in Morocco[…]Read More »
- Not going to lie here, we were both giddy with excitement that we would be visiting the Sahara. Riding camels in the Sahara was something we had always dreamed of, and we kind of have a thing for sand dunes… so we were stoked to be visiting the Sahara Desert when we went to Morocco. Read more about Visiting the Sahara Desert in 30 Photos | We HAD to Extend Our Stay[…]Read More »
- If we had a bucket list, riding camels in the Sahara Desert would be close to the top. Ever since we started traveling, riding camels in Morocco and visiting the blue city (more on that soon), have been two things we’ve wanted to do. And man, our camel trek and the sands of the Sahara Read more about Riding Camels in Morocco | Our Night in the Sahara Desert[…]Read More »
- It’s not a big, touristy city if there aren’t scams, right? Unfortunately, that seems to be the case nowadays, and Marrakech is the city of scams! But lucky for you, we wrote down every scam someone tried to pull on on us in Marrakech and thus have for you 15 scams in Marrakech to avoid! Read more about 15 Scams in Marrakech to Avoid and How to Beat Them | Morocco Guide[…]Read More »
- When planning a trip to Morocco, most people start their trips in Marrakech. In fact, a lot of people end up just visiting Marrakech for three days. With multiple flights to and from the city with budget airlines from so many places across Europe and the U.K., it’s easy to get to, making it a Read more about Three Days Visiting Marrakech | The Start of Our Holiday in Morocco[…]Read More »